Assignment #3 – Due October 22.
Write 4 separate captions for the image above: (5 Marks each, 20 marks in total.)
Your captions need to use proper grammar, syntax, construction and style.
Use first person where appropriate. No citations necessary.
Use your own words.
Structural Functional Perspective (75 words or less)
Symbolic Interactionism (75 words or less)
Social Conflict (75 words or less)
Feminist Perspective (75 words or less)
A few writing Tips: by, Frank L. Visco and originally published in the June 1986 issue of Writers’ digest (Print this and hang it on a wall). http://www.plainlanguage.gov/examples/humor/writegood.cfm
1. Avoid Alliteration. Always.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. Avoid cliches like the plague. (They’re old hat.)
4. Employ the vernacular.
5. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
6. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
7. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
8. Contractions aren’t necessary.
9. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
10. One should never generalize.
11. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.